Buscar este blog

martes, 13 de octubre de 2015

Exercise : I will survive

Exercise 1. Before you listen to the song, complete the blanks using the verbs in brackets in the correct form. ( verb patterns ) . Then listen to the song and check your answers.


 Verse 1

 At first I was afraid I was petrified
Kept ………………….(think) I could never ………………(live) without you by my side
 But then I spent so many days …………………..(think) how you did me wrong
And I grew strong And I learned how ………………( get) along
and so you're here from outer space
I just walked in ………………..( find ) you here with that sad look upon your face
I should have changed that stupid lock
I should have made you ……………….( leave) your key
 If I had known for just one minute you'd be back …………………(bother) me

 Chorus

 Go on now go walk out the flat
 just turn around now 'cause you're not wanted anymore
 weren't you the one who tried ………………….(hurt) me with goodbye
 Did you think I'd crumble? Did you think I'd lay down and cry ?
Oh no, not I, I will survive
 oh as long as i know how to eat I know I'll stay alive
 I've got all my days to live I've got all my love to give
 and I'll survive,I will survive (hey hey)

 Verse 2

 It took all the strength I had …………………( not fall ) apart
 kept …………..…….(try) hard ……………………( mend) the bits of my broken heart
 and I spent oh so many nights just ………………………(feel) sorry for you
 I used …………………..(cry) , But now I hold my head up high
and you see me, somebody else
 I'm not that chained up little girl still in love with
you and so you felt like ……………………..(drop in) ,
 and just expect me ……………. ( be) free
 But now I'm saving all my loving for someone who's loving me

 Back to Chorus

 Exercise 2. Listen to the song again and decide whether the words in bold are right or wrong. Circle the wrong ones. Then listen again and write the correct words.


 "I Will Survive" is a hit song first performed by American singer Gloria Gaynor, released in October 1978. A top-selling song after its initial release, it has remained a popular disco anthem

No hay comentarios: