Buscar este blog

martes, 21 de septiembre de 2021

MUSICAL ME

GETTING TO KNOW  YOU 


In this lesson students will tell the teacher more about their musical background, interests, likes, dislikes, instrumental skills and more by choosing prompts( indicaciones) to respond to. 

Students will gather images, icons, write text, find videos or links to websites to illustrate your musical me facts and then present them in a digital format.



The software or app that you use to present your work is totally flexible. Use whatever you have! 


Musical Me Prompts

Here’s the list of prompts :

Students don’t need to answer every single question -choose 5-10 work well, and you can do more if you have time.

● The first concert I went to....

● Memorable live music performance

● Favourite composer and/or songwriter

● Performer that I would like to see live

● My favourite performer

● I am a total fan of...

● A musician I am in awe of is...

● A musician I would like to meet one day is...

● The instrument/s I play

● I love learning from...(name a music teacher, a music Youtube channel or a musician friend)

● An instrument I wish I could play

● An instrument that’s played by someone in my family

● A song/piece that calms me down

● A song/piece that motivates me

● The song that always gets stuck in my head

● My favourite musical genre (you can list more than one!)

● My least favourite musical genre

● Share a funny or inspirational music quote

● Did you know...? Share an interesting piece of music trivia

● The song that always gets me on the dance floor

● My favourite non-musical sound (birds, my baby brother/sister laughing, the wind in the trees,

the ocean, a sports car, my cat purring, something else?)

● An inspiring musical TED talk

● Your go-to karaoke song/s

● An artist you’ve discovered recently

● A favourite musical place

● Your secret musical talent or skill

● Before I was a music teacher I was...

● Share a funny music joke

● Favourite musical experience/s

● Something else? Be creative!


Choose a tech tool :


 Students can submit their Musical Me responses in any of these ways:

● as a simple static image that includes text, icons and pictures

● as a digital “poster” that features images, text, video, music and links

● as a video which features the student speaking to camera

● as a simple website which shows images, video, text and links

● as a presentation file which includes images, video, text and links.


.Here are some ideas:


● Padlet - students create an interactive digital poster which includes written text, images, embedded

videos and links. Padlet is a great option for this lesson since viewers of the Padlet board can click

through on included links and play videos and so on. See my Padlet example below


● Powerpoint,  or Google Slides - students can create a presentation file with one slide for each Musical Me prompt. They can include video, images, audio files, links and text


● Google Sites or Adobe Spark Page - create a mini website that includes videos, images, audio files,links, text.

●  Thinglink, Canva.

No hay comentarios: